After The Smart Guide to Managing Stress went to the printer, we discovered some errors and omissions that were missed in the final proofing stage. Needless to say, I had to employ some of my own stress strategies when the discovery was made. I want to offer my personal apology to you for this oversight. I have listed below the page numbers for the errors, followed by the corrections which I hope will aid your enjoyment of the book. Here’s to outsmarting your stress!
- Page 23:
- The last sentence in the Shock Absorber sidebar was cut off and should read: “progress as you manage them.”
- Page 102:
- The last sentence in the Stress Vocab sidebar was cut off and should read: “and anger.”
- Page 140:
- Under “Tai Chi and Qigong” in the third paragraph, first sentence: the word “gigong” is misspelled twice in that sentence and should read “qigong.”
- Page 187:
- The last sentence in the Truth Serum sidebar was cut off and should read: “from there to begin with.”
- Page 289-290:
- The numbering of the quiz items in “Do Your Wireless Leashes Have a Choke Hold on You?” is wrong. Please re-number the quiz items from 1 through 20.
- Page 291:
- Under the title, “How to Calculate Your Score”: the score range that reads “70-7” should read “70-79”.
- Page 291-292:
- The numbering in the quiz, “What is Your Stress Age?” is wrong. Please re-number the quiz items from 1 through 20.
- Page 293:
- Under the title, “How to Calculate Your Score”: Delete the sentence that reads, “Put your total score in the space at the bottom” and insert the sentence, “The higher your score, the more stress hardy you are.”
- Page 296:
- The last sentence in the quiz, “Is Your Job Hazardous to Your Health?” should be numbered “20”:
- Page 297-298:
- The items in the quiz, “Are You a Careaholic?” should be numbered from 1 through 25, NOT 2 through 26.
Again, thank you for your patience, and I am sorry for any inconvenience that these errors might have caused you.
Bryan E. Robinson, Ph.D.